Scott#N7 1 on 4P Montalban Gorge

I thought my long wait is over, searching for the most elusive Philippines Japanese Occupations Stamps serie will be finally ended. The Scott#N7, 1 on 4P Montalban Gorge. One of the most scarcest and desirable of the Jap Occs issues. Since staring my Japanese Occupation collections, what always came to my mind is catching the most sought stamps of the era. Hard to catch for a rarest stamps of Japanese Occupation Issues. Only 19,975 were printed and few of these were left to the hands of the collector, most damaged during the war.

A few days ago, I painstakingly watched the movement of the bids of the said stamps at Ebay. A B/4 MNH, a starting bid of $9.95 posted by manilagallery. Catalogue value is $500. At the start, im expecting my self that whatever happen I will end up winning the item even for a price of $200. One thing I consider that I collect multiple blocks of stamps of this era.

Sunday past 11pm, 2 and half an hour to go for the bidding to close. Im staring to bid just to estimate whats the latest bidder premium on the item. At $81 im the current highest bidder with the thinking that im going to snipe the item for the last second even for the $200 price. Sad to say, i forgot to return back for me to do so for the last second bid. Unluckily, the early morning when I checked my account It end up a closing at a price of $104. A very cheap price for the N7, almost the amount of the catalogue for a spare N7 stamp.

Maybe there are some more to find, il do keep the searching. Maybe next time a good story to share and I promise Il post the picture the sooner I catch.

Philippine Jap Occs collectors are very welcomed, Im longing for your spare N7. maybe for a trade or a decent bucks.